Aluminum Wiring In Vacaville
Taurus Electrical Services is your Vacaville specialist in aluminum wiring replacement and repair. If your home or commercial building was built with aluminum wiring, it's important to have it inspected by an electrician.
Don't stress about the expense of a complete replacement if you do have this type of wiring in your house. While it is outdated, it doesn't always have to be completely replaced. If it was installed right and the electrical repairs were done right throughout the years, it may just need minor repairs.
Give us a call if you have any concerns or questions about aluminum wiring in your home or commercial building in the Vacaville area. We're available to perform an inspection and then discuss the options. We offer free estimates, so don't hesitate to call!
- Specialists in Aluminum Wiring Repair & Replacement
- Local & Reputable Service Company
- Licensed and Experienced in Residential & Commercial
- Free Estimates at Competitive Prices
Not Sure You Have Aluminum Wiring?
If your home was built before around 1982 and you aren't sure what type of wiring you have, let us inspect it. Aluminum was used in homes built before the mid-1970s but some builders continued to use it into the 80s even though it was no longer being sold on the market.
Every home is wired differently and it's not unusual for many different electricians to handle the repair work throughout the years, so getting it inspected by someone qualified in aluminum wiring replacement is important.
Our specialists can assess the previous installation and any repair work that's been done to look for signs of mistakes or damage. If you notice any of the following signs of overload, don't wait to call.
Signs You May Need An Aluminum Wiring Replacement
Aluminum wiring is known to overheat, fail, melt, and cause arcing or fire, especially when it wasn't installed or repaired correctly. Also, when it's overloaded, the aluminum overheats quicker than copper.
When a circuit is overloaded, the wire can melt the insulation and cause a fire. The most common signs of an electrical overload are:
- Your lights flicker or dim when you use an appliance like the microwave
- Your outlet plates or the wall around them are burned or blackened
- You smell burning odors near outlets or switches
- Your breakers trip regularly
- You hear sizzling, crackling, or buzzing sounds
- You feel tingling or a mild shock when you touch switches, appliances, or receptacles
- Your GFCI Outlets keep tripping
- Plugs are scorched
Tips Hiring Electrician Troubleshooting Repair
Bad electrical repairs can put you at risk for house fires and electrical shock, so it's important to find a reliable electrician to do the work. With rising costs of living today, sometimes you j […]
Benefits of Electrical Rewiring
Nobody wants to think about the cost of rewiring their home, but our Vacaville electricians can tell you that rewiring offers you many benefits. While you won't have a city or county electrical in […]